Question

Zap with Glide - send form by email

• 23 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi there, 

I am building an app with Glide and trying to implement a feature in order that user can fill a form with a subject and a note and when they submit it it would send it by email to another user. 

I would like the user’s email to remain hidden though. 

Is anyone familiar with Glide and would be able to help me to set up such a zap? 

Thanks in advance

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Spleenr! I’m not super familiar with Glide, but it looks like there’s only one trigger (‘Glide App Action’) and no actions. 

So I’m assuming that you would start with the Glide App Action trigger and then use an email app to send the information to the other user. Does that sound like it would do what you need it to?

Hi @Spleenr! I’m not super familiar with Glide, but it looks like there’s only one trigger (‘Glide App Action’) and no actions. 

So I’m assuming that you would start with the Glide App Action trigger and then use an email app to send the information to the other user. Does that sound like it would do what you need it to?

Yes it definitely sound like what I need to do this tutorial helped me : 

However, I somehow can’t set it up properly with the values to allow users to send other users an email by tapping a button without disclosing their emails. I would like the email to be sent by a “spleenr” email and only disclose the username.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Spleenr I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this!

It sounds like you’re trying to do what’s described in the video so this should work, as long as your ‘spleenr’ email address is a Gmail one it would work exactly as described in the video. 

Is there a specific part that you’re struggling with? If you’re running into an error message, then it might be best to ask the Support Team to take a look at your Zap. If you’re not sure where to put particular information from the Glide Trigger in the email, then we can help with that but we’ll need to see how you currently have it set up to make sure we’re on the same page. If you would like to keep working on it here, please could you include a screenshot of the ‘Customize email’ part of the Gmail send email action. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Spleenr!

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to solve this or whether you still needed help here. Please let us know!