Best answer

Zap turns off by itself

• 26 October 2020
  • 5 replies

I’m running into an issue where my Zap turns off by itself. It doesn’t show any errors in the immediate history, so I’m not quite sure what to do, I have to login every month and double-check it’s ‘on’ and most of the time to manually turn it ‘on’.

I’m using the free version so maybe that’s why it’s turning off by itself?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 October 2020, 15:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Article: https://zapier.com/help/manage/organize/manage-your-zaps

Zapier automatically turns your Zaps off for you in 2 situations:

• You lose access to a paid feature the Zap uses (e.g., multi-step Zaps or premium apps) due to a trial expiration or plan downgrade.
  • Multiple errors occur each time the Zap tries to run. An email notification will be sent if a Zap is turned off due to errors.
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can use the Zapier Manager app to configure a Zap that alerts you when another Zap turns OFF.

Article: https://zapier.com/apps/zapier-manager/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Lir ,

Circling back to make sure you are sorted with this Zap! Did Troy’s resources above help you resolve this? 

Userlevel 1

Our Zap keeps erroring out and the Error says “Task was stopped because its Zap was turned off during its execution.” We turn on the Zap (again - it keeps turning itself off), then run the history again and it shuts itself off and says “Task was stopped because its Zap was turned off during its execution.” It ran for a minute about 2 hours ago and now won’t run the load.

1. Turn it on, good.
  2. Run the history, error.
  3. Error? Yeah, it errored because it was off.
  4. Off? Yeah, that happens when it runs into errors.
  5. What were the errors? It was off.
  6. Return to Step 1 and repeat until you’re properly hitting your head on desk.

Hellllp. lol

Badge +4

@Protocol Thats a tough situation. 

Have you tried duplicating the zap and using the clone rather than the original?