Best answer

Zap too expensive, please help ADVANCED

• 9 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

PROBLEM: I am trying to determine when a string contains less than 10 characters, the problem is the input is two separate strings so when I count the string it counts two lengths not the total length, this requires me to use Utilities (Line-item to string), Utilities (Find Length), Filter (Number less than 10). this is a very expensive zap because of how many steps it takes to count both inputs.

GOAL: To count the number of inputs, in this case it would be 2 or to find the total string length of both combined inputs without the extra steps. I am trying to determine when a technician leaves less than 2 estimates on a job. This is given by the amount of Estimate IDs. In this example the technician left two estimates, but it took 3 steps just to be filtered out.

Utilities with the 2 inputs outputting 1 string
Find length

Filter if length is less than 10 (THIS IS WHAT I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO COUNT FROM THE BEGINNING)

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 October 2020, 22:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

[ADVANCED] Can use a Code step to consolidate the steps into 1 step: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

Userlevel 2

Thank you Troy, I will try and use Javascript Code. I am not very savvy in this area, hence why I use Zapier.

Userlevel 2

I am going with the code route, just trying to figure out how to put a callback inside of an IF statement so that the callback breaks the task thus saving on Actions. So far lots of errors, but I have another thread helping with that, thank you Troy