Skip to main content
Best answer

Zap to update orders in ShipStation after updating QB Invoice?

• 17 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Just trying out Zapier and it seems like a good solution to my problem, except is there a way to update my shipstation order after an invoice in QuickBooks is updated? This would be a dealbreaker for me if it’s not possible. 

We use QuickBooks invoices as work orders for custom, made-to-order products that are ordered over the phone. ShipStation links to all of our other websites and sales venues, but for some reason it doesn’t link to QBO. Zapier seems like the perfect bridge to consolidate all of our orders into ShipStation for workorder management, but if I create an invoice in QB, then the customer calls and changes the order, I don’t want to have to change it in QB, then also manually change it in ShipStation. That’s just asking for mistakes to be made! So is there a solution that would allow an updated invoice to automatically update the ShipStation order? 

I see that updating a QB invoice is a possible “action”, but not a trigger?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Econdron,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Unfortunately, the Updated Invoice trigger for QuickBooks Online is not supported at the moment. However, we do have an existing feature request for the Updated Invoice trigger. I have added you as another interested member to the feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.