Question

Zap to Tasks by Planner in Microsoft Teams Using App Extension (or other means if possible!)

• 26 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I am wanting to create tasks in Tasks by Planner in Microsoft Teams in response to the submission of information by End Users.

This information is submitted either via PandaDocs or SurveyMonkey, depending on the form.

What I am hoping to achieve is:

1. End user submits form with values X, Y, and Z via SurveyMonkey or PandaDocs
  2. Task created in Tasks by Planner in Microsoft Teams, populated with details from values X and Y.
  3. Checklist items populated by value Z.
  4. (desirable) Task assignment dynamically performed based on logic evaluation

Is this something that is achievable? I have been searching for API documentation for Tasks by Planner and coming up short.

Any guidance / support would be appreciated, even if it is just in the form of “we tried that and it is not yet possible”.

Thanks!

Sam

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @SamMartin! 🙂

I did some checking on this and it doesn’t seem that the Microsoft Teams app has any actions available that would allow you to create a task. There is a Microsoft To-Do app though which has the ability to create Tasks. So I’m thinking you could potentially use the Microsoft To-Do app to create the tasks and populate them with information selected from SurveyMonkey/PandaDocs.

Do you think that could work or would the To-Do tasks not be visible in Microsoft Teams in the same way as Tasks by Planner tasks? 

With the “Task assignment dynamically performed based on logic evaluation”, what’s the logic you want to implement here? It might be that you can add a filter to check for certain conditions (See: Add conditions to Zaps with filters) or it could be that you need to look at creating a lookup table of some kind to assign the task to a specific person based on a certain value (See: Create lookup tables in Zaps).

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!