Best answer

Zap to different email addresses based on a selection in Google Forms

• 22 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi All - 

We have a team that does cleaning inspections for our properties. They go to a Google Form, select the name of the cleaner that executed the clean, then conduct the inspection. We use Form Publisher plug-in in Forms, which generates a PDF and emails it to Management. I’m currently using Zaps out of my email to then forward the PDF to the cleaner, based on the Subject (e.g. Cleaning Inspection Report For Frank Ricard).

The problem - while this works, based on my current Zap structure, each Forward is a new Zap, and I’m approaching my 20 zap limit. I’d like to have some sort of “if / then” but I can’t figure out how to do this. Like, “If Subject = Frank Ricard, Then email Frankthetank@gmail.com. Or if the Subject = My Boy Blue, Then email “myboyblue@gmail.com.” That way I don’t have to keep increasing my Zap plan as my cleaning team continues to grow.

Any ideas on how to do this, so I don’t have to continue increasing my Zap plan?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 23 August 2022, 00:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @HostWiseCo 

Good question.

Try using a Lookup Table: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps

NOTE: You may need to use a Formatter > Text > Split step first to isolate the desired lookup value.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @HostWiseCo!

Here’s what that would look like in practice:

• choose the field from your trigger that contains the name
  • make the lookup table (value to look for on the left, value to output on the right)
  • you can add a fallback value (maybe your email address) in case none of your options are found
  • map the output of this step into the email address field of your next step

Hope this helps!

4f4e7c3830d27cb3d559261728dac943.gif