Best answer

Zap to Add Row in Excel Spreadsheet located on Group OneDrive or Sharepoint online

Userlevel 1

I am trying to set up a Zap which pulls data from Clio into an Excel Spreadsheet which is located in a Business Group OneDrive or Sharepoint online.   I have no issue pulling the data from Clio and can push it into a Google Sheet or an Excel spreadsheet on a personal (not shared) onedrive.  But I don’t seem to find the way to access the group onedrive folders to be able to push there.  Any help appreciated.

icon

Best answer by SamB 13 December 2023, 15:43

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jgillman 

From personal experience, only Excel files located in your OneDrive space, not those in shared/group folders are accessible to Zapier.

Would you like me to flag this post so someone from Zapier can add your vote to a feature request?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jgillman,

Andrew is correct, the OneDrive integration won’t work yet with shared/group folders. I’ve added your email address to the feature request for that, so you’ll be notified if/when it is available!

@Matt_Boyden Add us as well, please, to be notified if/when this is available. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @RealTraining!

Your vote has been added to that feature request, which means you'll be notified via email when it's been implemented.

@Matt_Boyden Add us as well, please, to be notified if/when this is available. Thank you!

Please add me, too! :) Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for your reply, @Joydancer81, I’ve added you to that feature request 🙂

Hi, @Danvers! Is this still the case? 

If so, are there any workarounds to use Zapier to access files in a shared OneDrive/Sharepoint? Maybe through Web Hooks?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there @aims2020. We don’t currently have a solution for this in place but I’ve gone and added your vote to the feature request as well! 🙂

Id also like to be added to the vote for this level of integration. Indeed ive been invited to another companies sharepoint, as they would like me to live update rows in a sheet in a shared folder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome @Harris Karatzetzos! :)

I’ve added your vote for this feature request as well. We’ll be in touch by email once it’s been implemented! 

Please add a vote from and add me to the email list to inform me once implemented

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @andy.h

We’ve added your vote and can confirm that you’ll receive an email notification from us as soon this feature request has been implemented. :)

Please add me to the list be notified once this feature is implemented.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @marysavage! :)

Happy to confirm that your vote has been added to the list. You’ll get notified by email when that feature has been added! 

Please add a vote from and add me to the email list to inform me once implemented.  This would be a huge help to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @kaiarter! I’ve got your vote added and you’re all set. 🙂We’ll be sure to send an email and update this thread once we know more! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Take my vote please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @ericg! I’ve got your vote added and we’ll be sure to keep you in the loop as soon as we know more. 🙂

Hi @jgillman,

Andrew is correct, the OneDrive integration won’t work yet with shared/group folders. I’ve added your email address to the feature request for that, so you’ll be notified if/when it is available!

Please Add me as well!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out. I’ve got your vote added to that feature request, @Wolfgang H.!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello! I would share a workaround that one of our customers was able to use successfully to get around this limitation, in case it’s helpful for you all.
They used Microsoft's Power Automate's template to copy a shared file to their own account. Here is a screenshot of how they configured the template: 

Add me too please. @JTHOM6 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks - I’ve got you added, @JTHOM6. Also replied to your other topic as well. 🙂

Hello, I have created a Zap that if an Article is added to any feedly board, create a row in excel file which is located on onedrive. Now, the problem is that the Zap is successful but there is no entry in the excel file. It is still empty. Could you please enlighten what can be the problem?

Userlevel 1

@christina.d  Has this bug been fixed? this identified issue has been outstanding for what seems to be two years. May you also add me to the recipient list?