Question

Zap stuck on "looking for new items" when moving from Microsoft To Do into Google Tasks

I have a Zap setup to transfer new tasks from Microsoft To Do over to a list in Google Tasks, but it’s not doing anything.  I have testing the connection both accounts and it is ok.  When I run the zap manually, I get a test message from the Zap, and then it says “looking for new items”, and just sits there, spinning.  I’ve tried this several times, letting it sit for over 30 minutes.  I’ve made sure to add new tasks to Microsoft To Do before each manual run.  Nothing is moving over.  Suggestions?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

I just thought of something.  I also have and app called Google Tasks Desktop connected to my Google Tasks.  Could that affect the zap in any way?  Google Tasks Desktop simply displays my tasks in a full screen, rather than the little panel on the side of my calendar, but it’s not a Google app and so it have to connect to Google like any other external app.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @AllanCapps! Can you setup the zap to run without testing it manually? If it seems that both checks to each account worked I would try to push the zapp to on and then add a task and test it live if that makes sense? Your google tasks desktop app should not have any interference with your zapp 🙂 

Hi Tam.

The Zap has been on from the beginning.  I know the Zap runs on the servers at Zapier and none of my stuff affects that but, cleared my cache and cooking on the browser, rebooted, tried different browsers, different computers, different operating systems, because I know some customer service person somewhere is going to tell me to do that.  AT thing point I’m just ready to delete it.

Thanks,

Allan

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AllanCapps 

Good question.

Might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Troy,

The Zap has been on from the beginning.  I know the Zap runs on the servers at Zapier and none of my stuff affects that but, cleared my cache and cooking on the browser, rebooted, tried different browsers, different computers, different operating systems, because I know some customer service person somewhere is going to tell me to do that.  AT thing point I’m just ready to delete it.

Thanks,

Allan

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AllanCapps 

Have you tried opening a ticket with Zapier Support for additional help?

Not yet.  I reached out to the community (all y’all) looking for an answer, then gave up and got in the pool.  ha ha.  I’ll get around to that tomorrow.

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue for a Spotify Zap I created a while ago and had been running fine up until the past few days. It just gets stuck on “looking for new items...”

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @AllanCapps!  Were you able to work through a solution? 🤔

No.  I gave up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, I’m sorry to hear that, @AllanCapps! It might be worth reaching out to our friends in support. They’re truly the best at what they do and may be able to help shed some light on what to do here!