Best answer

Zap runs successfully without updating Airtable record

• 24 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey guys

I use Airtable forms to collect sign-up data that subsequently is used to populate client profiles on Webflow. Close to what Connor from Unicorn Factory is doing. To enable clients to edit these profiles I need to update the Airtable records with the Item ID’s from Webflow CMS.

Using Zapier is great because my coding experience is nul. Less great when everything works besides the “Update Record” action that should populate the corresponding Item ID rows in Airtable. As it worked last week, I’ve exhausted numerous setups to no avail.

The Zap looks as follows:

1. New Record In View
  2. Text Conversion from Markdown to HTML
  3. Create Live Item ID
  4. Update Record
  5. Text Conversion from Markdown to HTML
  6. Create Live Item ID
  7. Update Record
  8. Update Live Item ID (Reference)

Analysing the run shows the correct data is present in & out.

Any suggestions, alternative setups, direct solutions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 March 2021, 21:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @NAA 

Can you provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured?

Can you provide a specific example that didn’t work as expected VS an example that did?

Perhaps record and share a Loom.com.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for responding.

An example of it working would be the record “Webflow Companies CMS Item ID” in Airtable being populated with the Item ID of the Company created within the Company Profiles collection. 

I have taken a couple of screen shots. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NAA

In one of the screenshots it looks like the Zap is configured to always update the same Record ID.

Try using a dynamically mapped data point for the Record ID.

You can also try searching for the returned Webflow CMS ID in across your Airtable base to see if perhaps it does exists but on a different Record.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

It worked! Thank you.