Best answer

Zap Quickbooks estimate to hubspot deals

• 19 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am trying to zap Quickbooks estimates to Hubspot deals.

I have been mainly successful, but I can’t seem to get it to create an associated contact or company in Hubspot.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 22 November 2020, 18:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I believe the association is part of the Deal zap step.  You will need to do a find on the company/contact to get the Id field.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

HI @FE News 

I’m happy to assist with this, however need a few more details:

Is it possible to share the existing ZAP (which does not share any credentials) that I can follow up with?

Many thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @FE News 

If you’d share screenshots of your existing set up, I would be happy to help. Without it, here would be my suggestion. 

Trigger: New Quickbooks Estimate

Step 1: Find/Create Contact 

Step 2: Create Deal (in this step you will pass in the Contact ID from Step 2)

It is very likely that this will take 2 Zaps with a filter (or 1 Zap with a path step, there is little difference between the two in terms of how the Zap will work. It just depends on your current billing tier). 

The reason for two Zaps is because there is no way (with an existing integration) to search for either a contact or a company, you must decide to search for 1 or the other. The two zap set up would go like this: 
FIRST ZAP

Step 1: A Filter step that filters on information from QBO to distinguish whether this should be a contact or a company search. 

Step 2: Find/Create Contact 

Step 3: Create Deal (in this step you will pass in the Contact ID from Step 2)

Second ZAP

Step 1: A Filter step that filters on information from QBO to distinguish whether this should be a contact or a company

Step 2: Find/Create Company 

Step 3: Create Deal (in this step you will pass in the Company ID from Step 2)

If you are on a plan that has Paths then a path will work instead of a filter. Path A would be for Contacts, Path B would be for Companies. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! I think I know what's going on here, as I've used Hubspot a lot.

Are you trying to create the associated contact or company in Hubspot in the same zap as you are trying to create a deal? If so, you'll need to do a few thing before getting to that step.

Can you try:

1. Adding a step which is "Search for contact" (and create if doesn't already exist)

2. Adding another step which is "Search for company" (and create if doesn't already exist)

Then you want to use the return values of these steps (the IDs) as the values in your create a deal trigger.