Best answer

Zap not triggering for existing Airtable records in view

• 3 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hey everyone,

New to Zapier and Digest here, so forgive me if this is a basic question; I’ve done some research and can’t seem to find anything related specifically to the details of my problem. I’ve also posted about this on the AirTable community forums with no responses.

I’m using Airtable to make a to-do task list. I have a View set up for Upcoming tasks that are due in the next week. I would like for Zapier to create a Digest of every record in that View and email them to the person assigned to those tasks. 

Right now, as my trigger, I’ve set up Zapier to pull from Airtable, New Record In View, and I’ve pointed it to the specific Upcoming Tasks View. As a Test, this pulls up two records, Record A and Record B.

My first Action is Append Entry and Schedule Digest, and here are the settings I’m using for my entry:

When I test the action, I’m only presented with one option: the “- ‘Take out the trash’ and the subtask, ‘Empty recycling from kitchen’ are due on 2021-02-08.”

Beyond that, I have Email by Zapier set up to Send an Outbound Email using the following settings:

The resulting email from the test still yields just the single result.

My main question is this: is it not possible for Digest to pull ALL of the available records in that View and enter them line after line in an email summary? What am I doing wrong with my data entry to result in this singular result?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 February 2021, 18:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @addfrench 

FYI: Zaps work when turned ON for new records going forward, meaning it won’t go back in time to pull qualifying records and trigger on those.

In your use case, as new records enter the Airtable View those will trigger the Zap, which will add it to the Digest to then be released at the specified time.

Some use cases are tougher to test, but I suggest, turning your Zap ON and testing by simulating records that would flow into the Airtable View.