Best answer

Zap is not triggering - should turn on or turn off on business hours only

• 5 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi, i have problem with creating zaps to have few other zaps working only on business hours from Monday to Friday. I tried many zaps configuration but but without effect. So yesterday night I created a zap by turn off specific zap at 5:00 pm and a second zap by turn on the same zap on 8:00 am. As a test, I added new row to google sheet to check whether an e-mail notification would be sent and unfortunately it came out and it shouldn't be because it was already 23:00 When analyzing the history of zap, I can see that there is no history, so it doesn't work.

icon

Best answer by MarijnVerdult 5 March 2021, 12:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, @SALESHACKERS,

By looking at your settings, some stuff seems off. 

Firstly, you can use Delay (delay until) step within the actual Zap to turn it on at a specific time.

If you still want to use the “Turn Zap on/off” action, make sure you add another action that turns on the Zap.

Right now, I see that every day (including weekends) at 5pm you are only turning the Zap off, however, you should also add another action to turn on the Zap, otherwise it will keep turning Off but not On.

Hi, @robschmidt 

As i mentioned i created two zaps, first suppose switch off and other switch on.  I could actually use delay function instead of switch off but I figured on / off would be simpler just that just doesn't work at all.

@robschmidt  By looking at your settings, some stuff seems off. 

what do you mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@robschmidt  By looking at your settings, some stuff seems off. 

what do you mean?

I thought you wanted the zap to run Monday-Friday, as mentioned previously. In order to make it run only on weekdays, keep “Trigger on Weekends” OFF.

And since your Zap isn’t running properly, you can contact the support team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Yes wanted to work only mon-fri so i need to change that but now problem is hours not days. I have already send email to the support but also have done it before and never recived any reply.

@robschmidt robschmidt  O really, how about my settings? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @SALESHACKERS, if I understand you correctly you want the triggers that come in outside of working hours to execute as soon as the next business day starts again, is that right?

If that’s the case, you do not want to switch your Zap on and off since the triggers that would come when the Zap is off, would completely be ignored; Zaps are not triggered while they’re off.

To achieve what you want, the best way is to keep the Zap on and include a delay. Either with a Code Step (JavaScript) or this way: 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@SALESHACKERS - just checking if your problem hasbeen solved or would you still need support?