Best answer

Zap is not pulling in fields from Wix Forms Automation

• 27 August 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to do a Zap from my Wix Automation Rule which is supposed to bring in fields from my Wix Forms such as Name, Date, Address, Purchase Amount, How did you hear about us, etc. Instead, the Zap is only showing sample data that has nothing to do with my forms. See screenshot of the sample data. Can someone please tell me why my fields are not showing in the Zap?

icon

Best answer by JesseMightKnow 7 September 2020, 18:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

If there’s been a recent form completion, you should be able to run a new test in the Trigger step.

Userlevel 1

I went to my website and completed the form that is used in the automation, then created a new zap from scratch and selected the automation rule that I am using, then the same sample date pulled back in and not the fields from my form.

On a side note, I had this working perfectly yesterday. I could see ALL of my fields in the zap as well as the sample data. Then I upgraded Ascend which is an add-on for Wix that allows you to insert more fields into your form and allows you to create more forms. So I added more fields and created some new forms, completed the exact same steps that I had done previously, and then it no longer pulled in my Custom Fields from my forms. So I know this request is possible, I just dont know where the problem is. Wix Forms is as basic as it can get. Just name the fields, name the forms, create an automation and set it to “Use a Specific Form”, set the Action to “Connect to Zapier” and Activate the Automation. I then completed the form on my website and confirmed the data was sent to my email which is in a different automation that I have created. I then log into Zapier and create my zap. I get all the green check marks but it just wont pull in my custom fields now. Im not sure if there is a connection issue between Wix & Zapier or if this is a Zapier issue. I feel pretty certain the Wix Forms are set up correctly. Theres not much that could go on wrong there.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hm.

Pedantic as it seems, the Ascend upgrade appears to be the variable. It worked before, it didn’t work after. So something changed there.

A few thoughts (and this is troubleshooting from the outside looking in, so apologies if it seems to resemble “turn it off and turn it back on”):

• Did the form ID change?
  • Did you publish the zap and try running a new submission? It’s possible the dummy data won’t actually populate once it’s running. You could even just zip this to a Google Sheet to avoid mucking up your real apps.
Userlevel 1

After upgrading Ascend, I did change the names of the updated forms however I deleted the previous automation and created a new automation with the new form names in it. I completed dozens of submissions (before creating a zap and after creating a zap).

Another step that I took is I created a new page on my site and put nothing on it but a new basic form with just Test1 and Test2 as the title of two different fields. Created a new automation with this form. Submitted the form from the website before the Zap and after the Zap and it still did not populate the Test1 & Test2 fields into my Zap.

Userlevel 1

After hours of messing with this, I think I finally have it. I think the problem is the name of the new forms that I created after I upgraded Ascend. I made the form name the same as the form name as my old forms which may have caused a conflict somewhere. So I just renamed the forms to something different, ran my wix automation, submitted all of my forms prior to the Zap, ran the Zap, and now all of my custom fields are showing up. Thank you for your time on trying to help.

Userlevel 1

I spoke too soon. One of my forms is working perfectly and my other form that I started on shortly after is doing the exact same thing. Both forms are set up the same way with different form names. I renamed the nonworking form name as well.

As a TS Step, I made a copy of my “working” zap and just changed the form automation and it still didnt bring in the correct fields.

Back to square one as it sounds like it could possibly be a connection issue between wix and zapier. Not sure?

Wix seems to have run some kind of update that stopped the info flow of custom fields via API.

I had a zap to create a wix lead on Salesforce and it sopped working as the fields disappeared.

Also, I am trying to create a zap triggered by wix automation to create a lead on active campaign. Same issue. Custom fields are not passed.

Does anyone know what is going on and if there is any expectation to solve this?

To all those badgering wix and stating that this is an issue with them, its not. I am having and have had the same issue on a different zapier account that I PAY for. I used zapier with google sheets and it has this problem too. I had to delete my entire Zapier account and it worked again. But now I am having issues with zapier connecting to wix automations on this account. same as mentioned above. The zap was working perfectly but I added a field to a form that wasnt showing up in the selection area of my zap editor. So i deleted the zap and remade it hoping that the missing form field would appear. Now i just get some generic form fields from wix and none of my own custom fields. its an issue with Zapier getting the information from whatever service your connecting it to. It cant seem to find the correct fields. So in an effort to correct this, I have deleted and remade my Zapier account, Deleted the automation and remade it on wix’s side, and remade the zap in zapier. Zapier finds the automations from wix, but not the correct form fields. Still not working. Next i’ll try renaming the form and see if that works. if not, i’m not sure what to do. pretty sad that it takes this much work because one field needed to get added to a zap lol

Userlevel 3

Same problem, zapier not pulling fields from Wix forms.

Any Solution.

Same problem, zapier not pulling fields from Wix forms.

Any Solution.

Nothing definitive. I tried again today and some of the form fields from wix appeared in the test results and in my options of fields to select for my Discord message for my Zap. But it was still missing two recently added fields (recently added as in two days ago or so. and were added after I made my original Zap). i’ve tried deleting all associated Wix automatons and remaking them, and all zaps associated. But didn't fix the issue. When i originally made the zap, everything worked fine. But then I wanted to add the new wix form fields into the zap message to discord. I couldn't get them to populate, so i deleted the zap and wanted to remake the zap in the hopes that those new fields would show. But then I didn't get any fields at all from that form. just some sample fields from i don't know where. Best bet is to give it some time? Thats really the only thing that kinnda worked for me. I did submit a support ticket and someone is working with me on it right now. If they can figure out whats wrong, i’ll pass it along in this post.

To all those badgering wix and stating that this is an issue with them, its not. I am having and have had the same issue on a different zapier account that I PAY for. I used zapier with google sheets and it has this problem too. I had to delete my entire Zapier account and it worked again. But now I am having issues with zapier connecting to wix automations on this account. same as mentioned above. The zap was working perfectly but I added a field to a form that wasnt showing up in the selection area of my zap editor. So i deleted the zap and remade it hoping that the missing form field would appear. Now i just get some generic form fields from wix and none of my own custom fields. its an issue with Zapier getting the information from whatever service your connecting it to. It cant seem to find the correct fields. So in an effort to correct this, I have deleted and remade my Zapier account, Deleted the automation and remade it on wix’s side, and remade the zap in zapier. Zapier finds the automations from wix, but not the correct form fields. Still not working. Next i’ll try renaming the form and see if that works. if not, i’m not sure what to do. pretty sad that it takes this much work because one field needed to get added to a zap lol

Renaming the form didn't appear to work; at least not at first and not completely and only partly perhaps by chance. I went to sleep, woke up and tried again today and some of my old custom form fields show up now instead of the generic ones. Just not the new one that I need. And I made another zap for a different form as well when I woke up, but that one now has the generic form fields and none of my custom ones :joy:

Userlevel 1

Went down this rabbit hole myself. Once the automation is set, do a test submission yourself, then pull a new sample and it will appear with your custom fields. Still seems to hide the actual answers in the sample so it’s hard to build a zap out from there. But I have a solution that has worked for me.

Looks like Wix rolled out the Webhook feature as an action to the trigger, which I have connected with Zapier webhooks. This catches the information in a much better way (raw data) and you have the actual submission info in the test that you can use for further building. I suggest doing this method. Very easy, just get the link from Zapier and place t in the link section of the webhook feature. Save the Automation, do a test submission yourself then run the test on Zapier and you will see all you fields and latest submission results.