Best answer

Zap for Duplicates in Airtable

• 9 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am looking for a Zap that finds duplicate unique values in an airtable table.   Employees participate in meetings and an entry is made in an airtable base.   Sometimes the program is completed more than once.  I am looking to flag those repeat meetings.   I do use DeDupe but looking for something that is more automatic. any help or templates would be great. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 December 2022, 21:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @wyelsik 

Good question.

Perhaps consider a different approach to avoid duplicates in the first place.

NOTE: You may have to do some manual data cleanup and Base restructuring to get the below proposed solution to work.

For example, if you have 2 Tables in the Base.

1. Contacts
    1. This should be a unique list of Contacts
    2. The primary key should be the email address since that’s a unique value
    3. On the Contacts table you’ll be able to see the # of Meetings linked to a Contact (see more below)
      1. Use a Count field to count the # of linked Meetings
  2. Meetings
    1. This should be records for each meeting
    2. You can link to the Contacts Table using a link field: https://support.airtable.com/docs/linking-records-in-airtable

If you need to use Airtable in Zaps, then use a Find/Create Record action to find an existing Contact record, else create a new Contact record.

Userlevel 1

Thanks.  I will give it a try!   - Wendy

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the suggestion @Troy Tessalone ! Great thinking to eliminate dupes from the get go. 

@wyelsik did Troy’s approach work out for you? Let us know!

Userlevel 1

@Liz_Roberts - Yes, it worked perfectly, and I learned something new about Airtable.  @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Fantastic- thanks for letting us know!! @Troy Tessalone 👏🏽👏🏽