Best answer

Zap Discord invitation link from Tweet

• 28 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi There 

I’m trying to create a zap with the following workflow 

1. User tweets Discord Invitation link 
  2. Selects Discord invitation link from tweet [eg: https://twitter.com/hekim_bey/status/1572158010406961152?s=20&t=GAaTUCQ5vRWvPbtCxQwSJA ] 
  3. Accepts Invite in Discord 

Is this possible? 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 28 September 2022, 18:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there @0xUptake!

You can do the first pieces of this, but t’s not possible to accept the invitation using Zapier. The Zapier Discord integration focuses on the uses that Discord admins might have (eg Sending channel messages, adding users to roles, etc), rather than members on the server. 

You could set up a Zap to trigger when there’s a tweet from a certain user and then add a filter step to search for certain key words (eg ‘Discord invite’, ‘Discord invitation’, etc). That would get you point one above. 

Then, to get the url, you could use the Formatter action Extract url to pull out a url from the tweet. This is somewhat limited because it will pull the first url from the tweet, so if there’s another url in the tweet that is before the discord invite link, then the step will pull out the wrong url. 

Finally, although you can’t have the Zap accept the invitation link, you could send it to yourself (via SMS or email for example), where you could then click on it to accept the invitation. 

I hope that’s clear, let me know if you have any questions!