Best answer

Zap Custom fields from Keap to Pipedrive

Userlevel 1
Badge

How do I create custom Fields in my Zap?

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 February 2024, 11:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

20 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Randy22 you’ll need to create the custom fields in Keap/Pipedrive for them to show in your Zap. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Nate,

I have custom field s in Pipedrive and Keap. When I am at the “action” step in my zap only a few fields show. When I refresh fields, the custom fields in Pipedrive don’t show up. There used to be an option to map custom fields but it has been a while since I have created a Zap.

Below is the end result of my test Zap.

Here are the fields that show in the action tab.

Any thoughts on how I can get “Label”, “Contact person”, “email” , and “nominator” to show?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Randy22 thank you for the screenshot. it seems like you’re editing a Pipedrive Activity action, is that accurate? Pipedrive does not support custom fields in Activities. If you’d like to update a custom field in a Pipedrive Deal, Person, or Organization, you’ll need to add another step to the zap.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok. Can you tell me the next step or send a link to how to?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Randy22 what record in Pipedrive are you trying to update? 

Btw, if you’d rather have an expert do it for you, our certified Zapier+Pipedrive experts are available to help. Click here to schedule

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am just trying to map a record. it looks like your “expert” cost $300?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Randy22 what record in Pipedrive are you trying to update? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Let me know if this picture comes through

e attachment came through

Userlevel 1
Badge

https://zapier.com/editor/188393692/draft/188393693/fields

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Randy22 Can you try “Create Deal” step?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m not trying to create a deal. Just an activity.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sorry, I meant “Update Deal”

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am not setting up a deal, just an activity. AND “Update activity” does not give any additional fields either. :-)

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Ahh - okay got it. Pipedrive does not support custom fields or labels for Activities. If you want to add a label or custom field to a person record then add an Update Person step.

Userlevel 1
Badge

That does not makes sense. These custom fields come from pipedrive and they show in the “Create A Person” step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Heya @Randy22 - thanks for reaching out in community and sharing those details!

I did some digging and Nate is correct - custom fields for the “Create Activity” Pipedrive action are not supported at the moment. 😔

While I don’t have an ETA on when or if this will be implemented I did add your vote to an existing feature request! This is the best way to stay informed if anything changes as we'll email you if this does go live. We’ll also be sure to keep this thread updated if that changes. I don’t have any workarounds to share but it’s possible a friend in community may have come up with a solution they’d be willing to share.

Sorry to not have better news here but definitely appreciate you flagging this in community!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Christina,

Thanks for the response. Maybe I did not ask the correct question because I have set this zap up before years ago and I think I have actually fixed it now. I just had to go back and read the threads from 2019 when I first established this Zap.

Userlevel 1
Badge

My new issue is just trying to test it again with a new record. :-/ For some reason, i am now having an issue triggering a new record to be added.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Maybe I did not ask the correct question because I have set this zap up before years ago and I think I have actually fixed it now. I just had to go back and read the threads from 2019 when I first established this Zap.

Oh interesting! Do you mind sharing the threads you used! Wonder if that’ll help any other users who stumble on this. 🙂

...having an issue triggering a new record to be added.

Can you elaborate a bit more on this? Are new records in Keap not triggering the zap? If so, it might also be worth running through this “Zap isn’t being triggered” help doc first.

If that’s not the issue, feel free to share any error messages you’re running into, the trigger step you’re using, and/or screenshots of your zap trigger setup and we’re happy to keep digging into this with you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

Just wanted to pop by here to confirm that the feature request mentioned previously by @christina.d has now been implemented 😁🎉 

In case you missed the email notification from the team here’s some details regarding the additional fields that have been added:

“Today we just added several new fields you can use in your Zaps, including:

Lead associated with the activity
Free/busy flag,
Due date and Due time, which are a separate option compared to the combined Due Date and Time field which we already had

All of these new fields are optional, so you don't need to make any changes to your existing Zaps. But next time you edit your Zap, you'll be able to add new values for those fields, if you like.

I hope those new options are useful for you, and as always, please let us know if you have any questions or more suggestions -- we are happy to hear about what else you would like to see added to Zapier!”

Happy Zapping! ⚡