Best answer

Xero Validation Error - Zap Turning Off

• 8 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hey Community

I have a issue with a zap. I am sending invoices to Xero, that part is easy enough. However sometimes I will not have enough stock to create the invoice. (Just happens in my business) But when this happens I want it to log it to a google spreadsheet or alternatively try again except make it as a draft invoice the second time. 

If anyone can spread some light on how I can do this it would be greatly appreciated. :D

I have been looking at the filter option but no luck. Also I have looked at the paths maybe that is the best solution?

icon

Best answer by MarinaH 12 July 2021, 20:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @AndrewCF,

Thanks for the question to the Community!

Unfortunately neither Paths nor Filters would allow you to setup a condition where that step erroring (due to the low stock levels) will send the Zap down a different action path. When this Zap runs live and Xero returns the error for not enough stock, that Zap run will show as errored in the Zap History. You would also receive an email if your email notifications for your Zapier account are setup.

If you then update stock levels in Xero, you should be able to replay the errored Zap run: https://zapier.com/help/manage/history/replay-failed-zap-runs

If too many consecutiveerrors are returned by Xero, the Zap is turned off automatically, which it sounds like you may be running into 😟You would need to turn the Zap back on to replay the errored runs once you resolve that stock issue in Xero.

Sorry to not have better news here!