Best answer

Xero - Monday: How do I setup Monday.com board to only show outstanding invoices?

• 12 November 2021
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1

I have created a Zap so that every time a new sales invoice is created in Xero it shows on the invoice board in Monday.com - this is working fine. 

However I am now trying to create another Zap that when the invoice has been paid in Xero it automatically deletes from Monday.com. Basically I just want the board to show outstanding invoices.

I cannot get this step to work, it lets me set up the trigger as “new payment received” in Xero but when I try to set the “action” as delete or archive item matching invoice number in Monday.com the step just errors. It either has  The app returned "User unauthorized to perform action" or The app returned "Internal server error". 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

icon

Best answer by jayeshkumarbhatia 15 November 2021, 10:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Chels0780 ,

Can you post screenshot of your 2nd Zap and how have you configured action? Also, Are you using an action to Lookup values in Monday Board in 2nd Zap?

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for replying, here are the screen shots for the Zap. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Chels0780 ,

You will have to add below action to lookup for the item id, which you can use in Monday - Delete Item action.

Userlevel 1

hmm ok so I’ve done that and then added an additional action of deleting the item but it’s still not working :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Chels0780 ,

Can you post screenshot of updated action?

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Chels0780 ,

This is incorrect input in Action 3. You will see a value of Item id in action 2 output, use that in Action 3 input.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much! I got the test to complete and it deleted the paid invoice! However, I’ve just tested it myself adding a new invoice to Xero - the Zap works and it appears in Monday - then I’ve put through a payment received and it’s not automatically deleted it from the board? Even though the test function in Zap did work? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Chels0780 ,

Can you go to Zap History and share screenshot of Data In and Data Out?

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Chels0780 ,

The reason your Zap did not work is because it failed. Click on anyone failure history and check for the errors. 

Userlevel 1

It’s gone through now but I had to manually click run Zap? Should it not be automatic? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Chels0780 , That should be automatic. Can you check from the history what was the error?

Userlevel 1

It said no item was found even though there was a payment - 

Userlevel 1

I have retested and it is working now, maybe I didn’t give it long enough to process! Thank you so much for your help, wouldn’t have got there without it! :raised_hands_tone1: