Best answer

Xero - integrating without giving full access

• 20 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Salesforce and Xero, so when a field is updated in Salesforce an invoice is created. I have done this in sandbox versions of Salesforce and Xero, but have so far been unable to get the right level of permissions from the Accounts team at my company to integrate Xero.

The issue seems to be that I need either the standard or adviser user role in Xero. However this would give me full access to Xero, including to the bank account and areas of the business that I shouldn’t be able to access. Does anyone have any advice on how to set up permission levels in Xero to give me the ability to integrate with Zapier, but restrictive enough to keep the Accounts team happy?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Andy

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 6 January 2021, 15:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try the Xero API via a Webhook step: https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/api-overview

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @AndyPaper 

Not sure if you got this resolved - but for the benefit of others checking in, Troy’s advice here won’t help. If it’s not your Xero account, but one you’re connected to, you need standard or advisor level if you want to connect to Zapier.