Best answer

Wrong attachment sometimes being sent in Gmail

• 21 February 2022
  • 1 reply

I have a Zap set up that does the following steps

1. Checks for New/Updated records in an Airtable view
  2. Creates a Google Doc from a template based on the info in the record
  3. Emails that Google Doc out as a PDF attachment to the email address in the Airtable record (By attaching the Export Links Application/pdf link from the previous step)

I tested this out several times to my own email, and it worked great. Once I turned the Zap on and added about 200 records into the view, it created all the Google Docs successfully. The problem was in the email step. For about 150 of the records, the email was completely fine and attached the PDF as intended. But for the other 50 or so records, the attachment to the email was ServiceLogin.htm, and my clients weren’t able to access the PDF.

It seemed to be completely random as to which people didn’t get the PDF, but rather the ServiceLogin link.

Anyone have this happen or have a workaround for how to prevent it from happening in the future?

For now, I’ve determined that I’m going to have it create a draft in Gmail instead of automatically sending it, so I don’t send erroneously send blank attachments out to my clients. But I expect my number of clients to continually increase, and I’d prefer to not have to go through and check/send 200+ emails at a time from my drafts folder.

Thanks for any advice!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 February 2022, 16:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @user138 

It’s likely due to hitting API request limits for GDrive.

Check out this help article to better understand: https://zapier.com/help/troubleshoot/behavior/rate-limits-and-throttling-in-zapier

Try doing in smaller batches within Airtable to trigger the Zap.

OR

Try adding a Delay After Queue step to your Zap: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-delays-to-zaps#delay-after-queue