Best answer

writing a boolean value to Firebase

• 27 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi! I'm new to Zapier but very excited about the possibilities!

I'm doing a Zap where I'm taking data from a Google form and using it to write data to Firebase. Everything works fine with just one problem -- Zapier is writing by boolean value as a string. I want false instead of "false".

Is there a way to tell Zapier to create a bool instead of a string?

Many thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 2 March 2020, 11:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi

Userlevel 1

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 1.16.14 PM.pngI'm grabbing 3 fields from the form, and that works just fine. I also need to populate a field called "activated". It always starts out false. I'm hoping that there is some syntax to let Zapier know that I intend to send a bool instead of a string.

Thanks for any assistance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Buzzer

Can you change 'false' to '0' and give it another try.

In computer notation 0 represents false and 1 represents true, and this might be what Firebase is looking for.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the idea, but sending 0 to Firebase just records a value of 0 as an integer. Firebase doesn't have defined fields. It's all JSON. What I need is the ability to write false to the database but without the quotes. Zapier is writing "false". I need just false.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I'm out of ideas here @Buzzer so I'm going to flag this to the Zapier Community Team. They might have some insight on this, and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the heads up @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu!

I dug into this and I can see that there's currently a feature request open for this issue (converting all text to strings). @Buzzer I'm afraid that means that there's no way to achieve this right now, I'm sorry about that.

I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality.