Question

Write Data through Zapier to a Website

• 30 August 2022
  • 3 replies

So, my idea is to automate a daily task.

An Data-Output from a previous Zapier-Step has to be written to a Website. Thought about using a Scraper-Tool… The Tool has to login on the website, click two buttons and then put the Data into a input field and click another button.

It´s easy to use browse.ai (4example) to extract Data from a webpage but I didn't find a solution with the tool for the other way around (input data to a page)…

Any Ideas?

Please excuse my bad english!

Thanks 4 your help guys.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @BennetEbbes thanks for reaching out! It sounds like the need here is to get scraped data back into a website. That is going to depend on the website host, how your data is laid out, and the type of data it is. 

And as a bonus, if you’re looking for a scraping solution supported by Zapier, this is one I have recommended in the past: https://zapier.com/apps/octoparse/integrations

I hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction! We’re here if anything else comes up. 🙂

Hey @jesse thanks for your quick response!

Unfortunately, the webpage where the data has to go isn't mine and is “fixed” - so the Tools you mentioned above (tanks for that!) won't be the solution. Octoparse is great but only to extract data from a site, not for sending Data.

The only way I see here is with a tool that sort of “auto clicks” and puts Data from a previous Zapier-Step onto the webpage in a specific text-field. The other way would be coding I guess… no idea about that :D

Again: Thanks for your help and support!

Have a great day!
Bennet

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Aw man, I’m sorry to hear those won’t work!

I’m eager to hear if anyone in the Community has any another nifty solutions to recommend. 

Keep us posted if you end up finding a solution on your end - we’d love to hear it. 🙂