Question

WPForms to Google Sheets - missing fields

• 17 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have created some Zaps to export new entries in my order forms, which are created in WPForms.  It works REALLY well except for one problem.  Not all fields show as available to send to Google Sheets in the Zapier interface. A critical field in WPForms is “Payment Status” which shows if the payment was processed or not by PayPal - that one does not show.  I do need to know who has paid and who has not.  

Is there some trick to finding additional fields that should come from WPForms?

Thanks for any help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@HomeroomFit  Are you using the WPForms Zapier AddOn? IF not check to make sure you settings contain all the fields from the form in the data being sent to Zapier.

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @HomeroomFit!

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you’d managed to get things working, or whether you could still use some help here. Please let us know :)

Userlevel 1

No, I was never able to get this working.  There seems to be a reasonable explanation - the Zap is triggered by the new entry, but payment status can take a few minutes to process.  There’s no way to update the Zap after payment status updates.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @HomeroomFit!

Your reasoning seems sound, that the payment status is not available as quickly as the entry itself triggers the Zap. A possible workaround would be to use a PayPal trigger in a different Zap, check the Google Sheet to see if there’s a matching entry (not sure what you could use as the search variable) and if something is found, then update it.

Again, you’d have to see if anything that originally gets added to the row in Google Sheets also comes through the PayPal Successful Sale trigger. If you manage to get that working, I'd love to hear about it :)