Best answer

WP Review integration

• 8 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m using wordpress and the wp review plugin. I’d like to be able to trigger an email when a new review goes live. Everything is fine but I’m not able to see the review total figure in the list of available data being pulled in. Anyone know how I might do this?

There is a second part to this question… when I get that figure, it’ll be a mark out of 5.0 e.g. 3.5, 4.6 etc. I want to then format that number to remove the decimal point. So, 3.5 will become 35 and 4.6 will become 46. How might I go about doing that?

Thanks for any support you might give. 

icon

Best answer by Nicely 11 October 2020, 18:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Nicely!

I’m not seeing an integration with WP Review. Are you just using the WordPress integration with the New Post trigger? If so, it’s entirely possible that you won’t be able to access the fields you need (since they’re likely custom fields added by that plugin). 

A possible workaround would be to use the RSS Feed integration to see when a new post is published on your website, then see if you’re able to get the data you need from that. It’s entirely possible that if the New Post trigger doesn’t include it that the New Item in Feed trigger also won’t include it.

Worth a try, though! And finally, if none of that works you can check out this plugin (WP Webhooks) to see if if can get you what you need.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for the reply! I managed to find a workaround using the ACF to REST API plugin and a custom script someone had written for exposing the WP Review data. Rather clumsy but it kinda works. I think that, going forward, I'm going to have to use a combination of the feed, as you say, and google sheets to avoid the multi-step approach through Zapier.

I'll also check out the webhooks plugin. Thanks again :)