Question

Would it be possible to get the slack thread as text records in Zapier?

• 15 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi. I am trying to do some automation with slack to google sheet wherein if a person messages in a specific slack channel, it will be recorded in the google sheet (this is done by the way)

My problem is that, whenever a person tries to reply “the message”  via thread,  I could not get the data in the slack thread like the person who replied, the time he/she replies and the content of his reply. Would it be possible to get the slack thread data as a text and automate it to be put in google sheet? Thank you for all your answers! 

Just a newbie here in Zapier :) Still trying to learn

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

in circles would be the data I need to get but these can be found in thread

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @chris_a 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help us have full context?

Hi @Troy Tessalone , here are the screenshots. One of that is my arrangement in google sheet and I’m missing the “Responder” and “Response Time” which can be found in the slack thread reply of the main message

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@chris_a 

Thread messages will have a Thread TS value returned.

Help article about how to change your trigger test data: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Hi @Troy Tessalone , 

Yes Sir, but it returns something in google sheet. Would I be able to convert it to data like the name of the person who replied to the thread? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@chris_a 

Thread TS indicates the timestamp in UNIX. (TS = Timestamp)

There should be other variables you can map that indicate the person who sent the Thread Message.