Would be interested in a "lightweight" plan

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I would find a use for a small number of Zaps, 5 or fewer, but at least one of them needs to be multi-step. For my purposes the current paid plans are more than I need, and as I am retired I don’t want to spend ~$20 p.m. A plan that allows 3-4 multi-step Zaps for < $10 would suit my needs.

Or maybe allow trading off steps against Zaps? So a 2-step Zap counts as two towards the limit of five on the free plan? Maybe if I’m smart enough I could set up a two-step Zap as two single-step ones. Hmm, that’s a thought...

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @KeithC!

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion of a lightweight plan. I’ll pass it along to our product and pricing teams.

Tell us a bit more about your intended workflow and let’s see if we can figure something out together. What are you trying to do?

One specific example is this. I use SkedPal and integrating it and Google Tasks would be useful. I have a single-stage Zap that adds a new Google Task to SkedPal, what I also want to do is mark a Google Task as done when the SkedPal task is checked off. When I looked into this I would need at least two steps - Find the task and Edit the task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing some more details here, @KeithC

I’ve not tested this, but in theory you could record the ID of the Google Task in a custom field in SkedPal when creating the task. Then, when that SkedPal task is completed you could take the Google Task ID that’s been added to the custom field and use it to reference the correct Google Task ID. So you’d end up with two Zaps:

Zap 1 - Creates the Task and stores the Google Task ID

• Trigger: New Task (Google Tasks) - Triggers when a new task is added
  • Action: Create Task (SkedPal) - Adds the Google Task ID to a custom field 

Zap 2 - Takes the Google Task ID value from Skedpal to update the right task

• Trigger: New Complete Task (SkedPal) - Triggers when task is completed 
  • Action: Update Task (Google Tasks) - Uses the Google Task ID from the previous step to select the correct task to update.

To select the Google Task ID from the Skedpal step you’ll need to choose the Custom value option from the dropdown menu. That should then let you to select the relevant field from the Skedpal step. More on how to do that here: Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps

Again, I’ve not tested this myself, but assuming we’re able to access the custom fields in Skedpal then this should do the trick! :)