Best answer

Woocommerce update order send email

• 13 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I currently have the following setup:

Woo Order Created → Filter contains “customize for me” → Update woo order status “awaiting content” → Delay 1.5hrs → Filter continue only if “status is awaiting content” → Send email

Additional details on what I am trying to accomplish. When an order is placed that contains “customize for me” I want it to change the order status to “awaiting content”. Then give the customer 1.5hrs to submit their content using a gravity form (which is a part of another zap that changes the status from “awaiting content” to “designer reviewing”. If after 1.5 hrs the customer has not completed the gravity form, I need it to send the customer an email reminder.

The problem I am having is the filter after the delay is not rechecking the current status of the order. So people who have already moved out of this status using another zap (or we changed it manually) are still receiving the email. Is there a step I need to add for it to recheck the current status of the woo order before proceeding?

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 13 April 2021, 18:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Disciple,

The status will be fetched from the first time when the order came to Zapier as of your current set up, so I think you need to get the order (using an additionalFind Order search step) so that zapier gets the new status (that have been updated I think manually when zap is being delayed).

Hi @Disciple,

The status will be fetched from the first time when the order came to Zapier as of your current set up, so I think you need to get the order (using an additionalFind Order search step) so that zapier gets the new status (that have been updated I think manually when zap is being delayed).

Thanks for the reply. When adding a find order step, and I select the status “awaiting-content” will it be searching for all orders with this status and proceeding with those orders? Or will it only do this with the order that was loaded in the previous step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Disciple You can specify which order to get. In this case, just use the orderID from the trigger step as for the search value and this will fetch the order that started the Zap.