Best answer

WooCommerce to Google Calendar Date / Time Format

• 17 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi!

I want to create a detailed event in Google Calendar from a WooCommerce Oder. The Date / Time comes in correct from WooCommerce but somehow the Date / Time is always transformed to 1 day later 1PM. I even tried to use a formatter in between but it is the same. 

In the scrrenshots below you can see that the start date is May 3, 18:00. It then changes to May 4, 1 PM.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 19 April 2023, 15:16

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Lernzimmer,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please check the timezone setting of both the trigger and action apps, and in Zapier. When the timezones don't match between apps, this can cause the event to not be created on the expected date and time.

• Change the Timezone settings for your Zapier account.
  • Check your Google Calendar timezone settings.
  • Refer to the help documentation of any other app in your Zap, to check the timezone on that app. You may also want to check that app's help pages on Zapier to see if there are any known limitations or restrictions for date/time fields.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hi Ken!

Thanks for your answer. I changed the timezone settings but it is still the same. 

No matter which date I want to create the meeting on, it always changes exactly to 1 day later at 1pm automatically. 

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lernzimmer,

Thank you for trying it out! It's possible that the issue is related to the date format, as the Google Calendar API only accepts dates formatted as MM/DD/YYYY. I suggest using the Date/Time Formatter (Format) function to format the date as MM/DD/YYYY. For more information about the Google Calendar date format, please refer to this article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495964746381-Common-Problems-with-Google-Calendar#is-the-event-created-on-the-wrong-date-specifically-with-the-month-and-day-switched--0-5

6ef375a8f8b1809d8aed44acd7dad5d6.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

Hello!

Unfortunately I have tried that before and tried again but it is still the same. The formatter works but for some reason at the google endpoint it changes again to 1 day later 1pm. 

I really don't know what the problem could be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lernzimmer,

I did some digging into this, and I see that a few other users have been having the same problem. As it turns out, what we're seeing is a known bug with the “Create Detailed Event” action from the Google Calendar integration. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this bug may have caused you. Let me know how I can assist you further. Always happy to lend a hand. 🤗

Thank you very much for your help!