Best answer

Woocommerce Google sheets

• 29 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Whenever I get a new order I would like to take line items from those orders and put them into certain cells on my Google spreadsheet. 

For example, if Customer A orders 1 meatball dish and 2 apple crisps, the spreadsheet row would update with their name and a quantity of 1 in the meatball column and a 2 in the apple crisp column.

If Customer B orders 3 pasta dish and 1 meatball dish, the spreadsheet would show 3 under pasta and 1 under meatball.

I’ve tried to use line items as output, but depending on the order line item 1 could be a meatball dish, an apple crisp, or a pasta dish. 

Is there a way to look at the order see that a line item contains a certain product and put that products quantity until the correct cell? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 30 April 2020, 16:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@hbweb 

You’re going to find this tough, but it might be possible.

First, your zap needs to post a new row with customer details (don’t worry about product details yet) to your main spreadsheet.

Then want to add a ‘Create Spreadsheet Row(s)’ action step, passing line item data - this will post each line item from the order to its own row (make a new spreadsheet tab for this).

Then you can create another zap that triggers on a new row in this new spreadsheet tav - then finds and updates the correct column on the corresponding order row on the main spreadsheet.

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu thanks I actually got something like that setup, but the zap is halting if it can't see data. Is there a way to keep going if data isnt there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@hbweb 

Why is it halting? It should be finding the order row.

Can you share some screengrabs of what you’ve setup?

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu I got it working by making a zap for each product to search the temporary spreadsheet that lists all the line items then updates the main spreadsheet. Is there an easier way to do that? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@hbweb - I’d say this is probably the easiest way - but if you’ve got some screenshots of your setup I can advise better.