Question

Wix to Monday - not seeing any value or id that could match between the two databases

• 19 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have the same issue and i have tried this way but still i can’t figure out to update the corresponding item.

It looks like with Monday.com it is only possible to indicate value column as an id. Is ti always the case ?

I’m trying to connect an automation from Wix and a Monday board and i don’t know how to connect the properly as i don’t see any value or id that coule match between the two database. Maybe a webhook would be needed ?

The idee is to create a point system and a leaderdoard.

When a participant attend to a booking or accomplish a challenge, he gets points.

This information is sent to Monday where there is the list of the participants 

The automation should only update for example the column “Challenge “ of the corresponding participant

Any suggestion or good thought will be much appreciated !

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Guillaume Servonnat 

There needs to be a matching value between both apps in order to lookup/update an existing Item in Monday.

Otherwise, you can create a new Item in Monday.

Thanks for your quick reply.

does it have to be a number value or can it be a text one? 7 month ago it was not possible but maybe now this is the case.

otherwise can the matching value be retrieved by a webhook or something?
i have an id value at the destination in Monday but none in the input. And I don’t know how I could recover the Id field from Monday and that is accessible in Zapier.

hope I’m clear in my explanation, I don’t have a lot of experience in Zapier and complex automation.

Best regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Guillaume Servonnat 

It should be a unique ID of some sort (e.g. email address, phone number, etc.) that matches between the apps.

Perhaps you can outline a specific example to see what data points are available from/for each app.

Thanks for your help Troy.

Here is a concrete example:

in this step “Get item by Column Value in monday.com”, i indicate the email address that is in my input datable. Or should it be the one from the outpout database ? I tried both with unsuccessful results

When testing the Zap, it gives the results of the look up that i actually don’t understand, bit the test are successfull.

In the third step, when i have to indicate the matching id i’m also confused. A  list of cells - linked to the results of the step 2 - is proposed to me for the match and i don’t know what to choose..

I tried using many diffèrent value - including the research true critria - i always have an error message

So i can see a little bit more clearer as i tested many diffèrent solutions but as you can see ! i al still missing something to make this zap work.

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Guillaume Servonnat 

For the Monday Item search, make sure you are testing with values that exist in your Monday Board.

How to change the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

For Step 3, you need to map the returned Item ID (aka Pulse ID) that was found from Step 2.