Best answer

Wix Automation and Xero - Zap to copy Wix Store created invoice into Xero

• 18 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a Wix Store and use it sell a digital product (ad hoc, not recurring) - invoices are automatically created on completion of a purchase and the invoice sent via email by Wix.  I would like to have the invoice detail transferred to Xero for accounting purposes.

I have set up a Automation in Wix that is triggered by Wix Store: Purchase Complete with action be Connect To Zapier.

My problem is that the data I can access on testing the ZAP is below.  This is limited data from a recurring invoice and does not include everything Xero requires to creat an invoice.  No contact, number of items etc.  Am I stuck with this?  It is the same on other triggers too. 

recurring-name

Recurring invoice name

cycle

subscription-id

123e4567-e89b-12d3-a456-426655440000

recurring-duration

customer-name

John Doe

customer-email

email@email.com

customer-address-street

Customer Address Street

customer-address-city

Customer Address City

customer-address-zip

Customer Address Zip

customer-address-country

Customer Address Country

currency

USD

total

item-1

some item 100

item-2

some item 100

item-3

some item 100

item-4

some item 100

item-5

some item 100

item-6

some item 100

item-7

some item 100

item-8

some item 100

item-9

some item 100

item-10

some item 100

business-name

My Business

business-email

my@business.com

icon

Best answer by steph.n 4 October 2020, 10:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @Paul Miller , Have you tried putting an example purchase through and clicking the “load more” option for the samples? 

Userlevel 1

@Seun Debiyi, thank you for the suggestion.  I tried that with a test purchase - but none of the Automations I create in Wix result in sufficient data available via Zapier for Xero to create an invoice - and I've tried every possible combination.  I don't get basic things like number of units purchased, product description, invoice numbers etc.

I've tried this on and off for 2 weeks - my free trial is over and I suspect so is my time with Zapier.

Thanks for trying to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Paul Miller - I wanted to point you to this suggestion that has a workaround in this topic: 

Please check it out and let us know if it works for you. Also, I understand that your trial is up but please write to our support team directly if you need more time to try this out! http://zpr.io/t4NNK