Question

Why isn't bold text formatting working in Telegram messages using Zapier?

• 24 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I'm currently experiencing an issue with text formatting for bold title that needs to appear in Telegram.

<b>Title</b>

[bold]{{Title}}[/bold]

Despite applying the bold formatting in the Formatter step, the text doesn't appear as bold in the title sent to the Telegram group. I've verified the syntax, reviewed the logs, and adjusted the Telegram message body to include the formatted text, but the issue persists.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem or have insights into what might be causing this discrepancy?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Michal2 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configure.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I'm also encountering this issue with text formatting for bold titles in Telegram. Despite correctly applying the bold formatting in the Formatter step using both "<b>Title</b>" and "[bold]{{Title}}[/bold]" syntaxes, the text doesn't appear bold in the title when sent to the Telegram group.

I've meticulously checked the syntax, reviewed logs for any errors, and even adjusted the Telegram message body to ensure the formatted text is included, but unfortunately, the problem persists.

If anyone has faced a similar problem or has insights into what might be causing this discrepancy, I'd greatly appreciate any assistance or suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Michal2, and @joedain43,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I’ve used “Markdown” in the “Text Format” field and I was able to format my message in Telegram by following this API documentation from Telegram: https://core.telegram.org/bots/update56kabdkb12ibuisabdubodbasbdaosd

Here’s an example:

Zap setup:

366e2ab8c6cc0edef38771cc14ecdfa9.png
(view larger)

Result:

61363c40257abe4b96dc8f8420187365.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Michal2, and @joedain43,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I’ve used “Markdown” in the “Text Format” field and I was able to format my message in Telegram by following this API documentation from Telegram: https://core.telegram.org/bots/update56kabdkb12ibuisabdubodbasbdaosd

Here’s an example:

Zap setup:

366e2ab8c6cc0edef38771cc14ecdfa9.png
(view larger)

Result:

61363c40257abe4b96dc8f8420187365.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

Thank you for your response! I appreciate your suggestion to use Markdown formatting in the "Text Format" field. I'll give it a try and see if it resolves the issue with formatting the text as bold in Telegram. I'll let you know how it goes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @joedain43! I'm glad to hear you're willing to give Markdown formatting a try.

Please do keep me updated on how it works out for you. 😊