Why don't unused Zapier tasks carry over to the next billing cycle?

• 20 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello / I don’t understand why unused tasks from one billing cycle are not carried over to the next cycle ?

In our plans, we all pay for a certain amount of tasks to be executed. The thereshold are sometimes way to large ex : pro plan proposes to shift from 2000 to 5000, nothing in between.

Considering you have a seasonal activity, which implies you do not a regular flow of tasks.zaps to execute. You will have to pay for the maximum of tasks of peak season, and loose all the unused tasks in slower season. If you would have the capability to carry out unused tasks, you could pay average plan and adsorb peak with unused carried out tasks. I use, what I pay, simple no ?

I can expect an answer that will be change back and forth you billing plan to adjust, but that really not handful and a pain in the ass to manage budget and alerting to adjust.

Open to discussion/vote if you support idea.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @DEEDA! 👋

For questions around your Zapier plan or issues with billing it’s best to contact our Billing and Accounts department. To do that make sure to select the Accounts, pricing and billing option when filling out the contact form here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help
68f8d3db724f1213621f2c5588c8c3c6.png

In the meantime, as you already mentioned, the best way to handle this would be to upgrade when you’re going to have higher task usage and downgrade when you expect to have lower task usage. I know it’s not an ideal solution so I’ve also passed your feedback here over to the team in charge of pricing. I can’t promise that a new plan option between the existing Professional 2K and 5K plans will definitely added but it will definitely be considered! 🙂

Thank you, this what I’ve done (switch to 10k, as I cannot reset (this is really a dumb move) in parallel as we were getting stucked. This would really be a major customer move to implement unused tasks carry out.