Question

Why does everyone who schedules any event on my Calendly get tagged on Kajabi for having scheduled all my Calendly events instead of for only the one specific event they scheduled?

• 6 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I have several different events in Calendly set up.  All private.  I created 2 seperate zaps for 2 of the events to add specific tags to the scheduling contact in Kajabi when they sign up.  No matter which event they sign up for, all tags for all events are attached to the contact, instead of just the one tag for the event they scheduled.  

How do I get zapier to create only the specific tags for the specific Calendly event?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Aurora,

Great question!

That Calendly trigger will get triggered for every event created from your account, and I can see by looking at both Zaps’ Zap Runs that both Zaps are running every time, regardless of the event type. (Here is some documentation on how to view a Zap’s previous Zap Runs.)

You can fix this by adding a Filter step to your Zaps. To do this you would add a step on both Zaps and put it in between the steps that are currently there. This step would then be set up to “only continue if” the proper condition was met, and in your case, this would probably be if the field event_type__slug was one value or the other. (Here is some documentation on Filter steps.)

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you @shalgrim!  I eventually figured that out for myself.   Unfortunately filters are part of the paid version and I'm not prepared to do that at this time.   Oh well.   Perhaps in the future.   Thank you for your help!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know @Aurora! Sorry Filter by Zapier isn’t a viable solution for you right now. 

As a workaround, I wonder if you’d be able to add a field to Calendly (possibly a hidden field of some kind) that contains the tag name or ID you need, then select that to be used as the tag in the Kajabi step? I’ve not tested this theory out so I’m not 100% sure you’d be able to see the field in the Zap, but please do let us know if that does work!