Question

Why does every E-Mail over Outlook lands in Junk Mail?

• 14 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hello, I have set up an interface.I built a form in Formdesk. When someone clicks the specific button and hits send, then an email will be sent from a specific email account.Unfortunately, these e-mails always end up in the junk folder. Is this due to a setting in the e-mail account? Or how can I solve this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Magdalena Wilhelm!

It’s the recipient’s email provider that will decide if an email ends up in the spam or junk folder. You could try making the outbound emails look less like spam or junk, but the only way to make sure they don’t end up there is to do something like have the recipient add the sender to their contacts list and let their email provider know they don’t want those to end up in junk or spam.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@shalgrim Hello Thank you a lot for your answer. Does that mean my customer would have to speak to their email provider or make a specific setting? Our emails are always written individually.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That’s right, Magdalena. If your customers are the recipients of the email, then they’ll be the ones who will need to make sure that in their email software they add your address to their contacts, or mark it as Not Spam so it learns, or some other action. Every email provider is different in how it handles spam.