Question

Why can't we send Lead With an Email in Intercom to Copper?

Hi everybody,

I have tried to set up “send Lead With an Email in Intercom to Copper” Zapp.Although it works when in the “test phase” but somehow it doesn’t work when I turn on the my Zapp live.

I am always receive an error like the below. Do you know how to solve it? Or do you suggest any other Zapp to do this task?

Best,

PS:I also added my Zapp history.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @jonesjoness ,

Can you share screenshot of how did you configure Copper action?

Yes sure @jayeshkumarbhatia 

! Here how it is…

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@jonesjoness  Thanks for sharing the screenshot. It looks all good here.

I suspect mandatory inputs fields of Copper step are coming as empty, thus it is failing. Can you go to Zap History and can you post Data Out screenshot of Trigger and 1st action?

Hey @jayeshkumarbhatia 

They are like below. I am sending all screenshots.

Somehow, my country look up table comes with no value in step 3. I don’t get it why. Then I am getting an error in step 4

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @jonesjoness ,

Thanks again for sharing more screenshots. From the screenshots of Trigger data output, many values are coming as blank. For Eg - Name and Surname, Job Title, Phone.

You can check in below screenshots, There are many fields with no value. 

This is the reason of your Zap failing because mandatory inputs that are required for Copper action, are coming as empty. You should use Filters or Paths to handle this type of condition

I will try that @jayeshkumarbhatia. But I don’t get why name and phone are mandatory? Is there a way to make them non-required? Because I have tried to take the name and phone inputs like below.’t get it why name and phone are mandatory? Is there a way to make them non-mandatory? Because I have tried to take name and phone inputs in here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@jonesjoness Just to reconfirm can you reshare Copper action configuration? It looks like you have deleted this screenshot from community answer. 

Sorry @jayeshkumarbhatia , I clicked unintentionally to "edit" button after I posted so it went to the moderator’s approval. That's why you can't see that post now. Anyway, I am sharing again;

As I said before it works during the test.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @jonesjoness ,

To use Create person action of Copper, check the text marked in Yellow.

When you tested, full name was present.

Now when your Zap got triggered, name full name value was blank.

Now if we go back to the text again on below screenshot. Copper action require you to give either Full Name, OR First Name, Middle Name, and/or Last Name. 

To confirm if this is the issue, can you add some value in the Input of full name like ABC and re test the Zap? 

@jayeshkumarbhatia I appreciated with your help but I don’t think so this is the reason. The reminder says If you fill out this field, do not fill out First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Name Prefix, or Name Suffix. “. see the green one.

As you can see there I already try to send Full Name input by using custom attribute which is (Custom Attributes Name and Surmame) see the purple one.

So there should be another reason that causes an error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jonesjoness,

Some thoughts for troubleshooting…

Try process of elimination by removing 1 mapped field at a time until you isolate the field causing the issue in Copper.

I suspect the issue is with 1 of these fields:

1. Phone - May not like the international phone number format
  2. Country - May be expecting the Country code or a different value
  3. Address - May be expecting a full address instead of just City/Country

As for the fields, those should can/should be made required in Intercom where the data originates.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @jonesjoness ,

I understand you have tried to send full name in the input.

But when your Zap runs, sometime full name from Intercom can be empty also, right? Adding something in the input does not mean data will be passed everytime, there can be chances that some times some values can be blank also and thus blank values gets passed to the action.

I went through the data out of Intercom in above screenshots and i cannot see any value of full name. Also you can clearly see in the Copper data out also, full name value is empty  because the mapped value from Intercom is empty.

Hope i was able to clarify.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@jonesjoness I suggest try below to know what exact is the issue.

Remove value from Full Name and keep this input as empty. Also change the email id in email input, use any unique email that you have never used in Copper. Also keep all the others value as it it.

Than click on Retest and Review. You will get the same error when you retest it.