Best answer

Which option do I select in the Pardot event drop-down?

• 26 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

i have connected my wpform with zapier and  i have tested and it’s working. Now i have to connect my wp-form to pardot to send my leads.

I have some doubt 

1. The event dropdown, Which option i have to select?

1. I have selected Add Prospect to List and clicked Continue-> added email id->Continue. Now in the list drodpwn i am not sure from where i am getting that list. Same for prospect list also.Which option i have to select form the dropdown?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 21 September 2022, 13:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @hybreed-impelsys!

If these are brand new prospects that you’re adding to Pardot, then you need to use the Create Prospect action. 

If the people filling the form either are or could be are existing contacts that you’d like to add to a different list, first use a Find or Create Prospect action. This action will give you a Prospect ID that you need to use as a custom value in the Add Prospect to list step. 

Let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

I have list already in pardot and i have to add it i that only. if i choose Create Prospect action then it’s showing a form to insert the data like screenshot here.

if i choose the Find Prospect  then this is als0 showing a form to insert the data screenshot here

now i am confused what data i have to insert it and why?

My main aim is once the user fill the form( i have wp-form on my website) then i have to send the records in the pardot  using zapier.

I have already form list on my pardot. i have to add it in that only

Userlevel 1

@Danvers have you checked the above steps?

Userlevel 1

@Danvers  i have completed the all the steps. I have refereed the below link and  everything is set up correctly, i got  a success message.

https://wpforms.com/how-to-create-a-custom-pardot-form-in-wordpress/

at the end it’s saying Your test entry from your contact form will also be sent to Pardot.

Now, my doubt is, it’s haven’t ask me anywhere to select any form from pardot. so where is the records going. i have checked the all the forms and prospects list also.

Any idea what is the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @hybreed-impelsys!

I don’t have access to a Pardot account I can test with, which makes this a bit trickier, but let’s see what we can do here.

As Danvers mentioned, if these are prospects that may or may not exist you could use the Find Prospect:

By checking the box that says ‘Create Pardot prospect if it doesn’t exist yet?’ you can be sure that this step will either FIND an existing prospect or CREATE a new one.

When you add the Add Prospect to List step, do you see the list you need to add them to? If not, maybe you’re logged into a different account? I’m not super familiar with Pardot. Are forms and lists always connected?

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard , I have checked the pardot account details. That is correct. I have tried the above details which you have  suggested.

I am also getting the message but where i have go and check in the pardot?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @hybreed-impelsys ,

I also don’t know Pardot well, but if you’re having trouble viewing the prospects, you can check this article on how to filter and sort them: https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.pardot_prospect_list_views.htm&type=5

I hope this helps in pointing you in the right direction! Let us know if you’re able to get your Zap working as you need it to :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @hybreed-impelsys!

Were you able to set up this Zap the way that you needed? Reading over the replies here I think I understand what you need. You have new leads coming in from the form, you want to add them to Pardot and put them in a specific list. 

To do that, you would start with the Find Prospect step, set up as Nick described, so it also creates a new prospect if one doesn’t already exist:

Then you need another step in your Zap, to add the prospect to the list. For that, use the Add Prospect to list action that you were using before:

For the List field, choose which list you would like to add new contacts to. The items in the dropdown are the lists that you currently have in your Pardot account. 

When it asks you to select a prospect to add, click on the ‘Custom’ option and then add the Prospect ID from the previous step as the custom value. That means that each time the Zap runs, it will use add the Prospect that was found/created to the list that you select. 

I hope that helps you to complete your Zap, let us know if you have any other questions!