Best answer

Which action event to use to add new attendees in Whova into NeonCRM?

• 15 August 2021
  • 6 replies

I am working on connecting the trigger event “Get attendees” to a conference in Whova to NeonCRM, but I’m not sure which action to take. The logical one seems like it would be Update Organization Account, but when I pick that one the next step requires an account ID, but it won’t accept the one I used when I first started creating the Zap and it will only show the beginning of our membership list.

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 16 August 2021, 03:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Nina Jackson 

If you could share some screenshots of your set up, that’d be much helpful to understand.

Based on your requirement, I assume this is the right setup:

Since the attendees are people and not company then they should be individuals and not organization. However, you can still create organization, for that I believe you need to use an individual action first anyway then assign the individual ID to “account ID” in 2nd action of “Create Organization Account”.

It sounds like that is the answer I need. But here are the screenshots:

I’ll try using Individual tomorrow. Since many of these people will already be members to our organization, should it be “Update Individual Account?” How would that affect people who are not members?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If the attendees can be both existing and non existing, you need to use CRM search in the first action, then use a Path action, then whoever already exists will go to “Update Individual Account” path and whoever is new will go through “Create Individual Account” path.

If the attendees can be both existing and non existing, you need to use CRM search in the first action, then use a Path action, then whoever already exists will go to “Update Individual Account” path and whoever is new will go through “Create Individual Account” path.

Thank you! This is all completely new to me, so I’m having to figure it out as I go.

I was still getting required fields that cannot be answered until the person registers. I went back through all the steps and I realized I hadn’t created the new Conference event in Neon. I created it but I can’t get it to show up in the Zap even though I refreshed:

The conference should be 2022 so I know that is still the old one. But I cannot get any other choices to show up.

I was still getting required fields that cannot be answered until the person registers. I went back through all the steps and I realized I hadn’t created the new Conference event in Neon. I created it but I can’t get it to show up in the Zap even though I refreshed:

The conference should be 2022 so I know that is still the old one. But I cannot get any other choices to show up.

I just found out that the goal is to take the people registering in Whova and verifying if they are members in Neon. So now I just need to figure out the path I want.