Where can I find a complete list of Stripe fees?

• 16 February 2023
  • 0 replies

Hello,

I was looking at another community post here and saw that there appears to be no solution for identifying all Stripe fees using existing Stripe Zaps. 

Like the original poster mentioned, Stripe has few different categories of fees:

1. Stripe Payment Transaction Fees (Covers credit cards, bank payments etc.) 
  2. Stripe Other Fees (Covers tax calculation, subscriptions, etc.)

Right now say we have an 2 orders for $100 each, there can be a $3 credit card fee each order, and a separate Stripe Other Fees of $2 (for both transactions), leading to a deposit of $192.

We can reconcile the $200 in invoices charge, as well as the $6 credit card fees using existing zaps, but identifying the remainder $2 fees (which is aggregated for multiple transactions) becomes an Easter egg hunt, and we need to log into Stripe, review the statements, and manually post journal entries in our accounting system QBO.

The ask here in this post is the following:

1. Can the other $2 Stripe Other Fees be identified using existing zaps?
  2. If not, can this be added into the Stripe Zapier integration support where these separate Stripe Other fees are clearly identified, and can automatically be posted as an expense in QBO (or any other accounting system).

Right now the way things are, unless the original poster and I are missing something, the Stripe Zapier integration for accounting purposes is like having a car with 3 wheels… 

If we have to switch between multiple systems and do manual reconciliation, we might as well do all expense entries manually. 

It’s my understanding Zapier as a company itself uses Stripe for it’s own payment processing. How are you guys as a company handling this yourself? Stripe Other fees are not edge case, most businesses using Stripe will have to pay them at some point so I’m hoping that a standard solution exists without having to custom engineer a solution for what is a normal occurrence.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.