Best answer

When a task is created in HubSpot, what should I put in the “Start Date” box when creating a task in Basecamp 3?

• 30 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I am  trying to set up a Zap in order to create a to-do in Basecamp when a task created in Hubspot, so should I select Calendar task as an event of Hubspot? And what should I fill in “Start Date” box?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 September 2022, 13:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @AnnaNg! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 

It definitely sounds like a potential workflow could be:

1. HubSpot Trigger - New Calendar Task
  2. Basecamp Action - Create To-do

Regarding the Start Date field, this is would probably depend on the calendar task. That said, it does appear to be a required field though. 🙂

I’ll also pop some resources below that may be useful if you’re just getting started with Zapier 🤗:

I hope this helps! 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thank you for your prompt support,

I am not sure if 

HubSpot Trigger - New Calendar Task is in regard to the “ Task of contact” in Hubspot? since there is no Start / End day field to fill out

Regards!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AnnaNg!

Thanks for sharing some more information so we can keep working on this with you. 

I’m wondering: In HubSpot, are you adding the task to a contact. or to a calendar (like a marketing calendar)? From your screenshot, I think you’re adding the task to a contact, is that right? 

If so, then the HubSpot trigger that you need is New Engagement. I know it's a little counter-intuitive, but when you add the trigger, it will ask you what type of engagement should trigger the Zap, and one of the options there is Task. 

I haven’t used that trigger, so it may be that you still don’t get the start and end date of the task. If that’s the case, then you can decide how you want the task to be created in Basecamp. You create it so that the start and and date are the same, or if you like you can set it so that the start date is whenever the Zap runs (type ‘Now’ in the Start Date field) and then use the due date as the end date. Which of those you want is up to you - it depends on how you use Basecamp and how you’d like your tasks to show up. 

I hope that helps, let us know how you get on!