Best answer

When a lead opens their email in MailChimp, how do move their information into Zendesk Sell?

• 6 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Help please:

I would like help with the following. When a Lead opens an email from mailchimp, I’d like their lead information in zendesk to change. I am at a loss because the info needed to lookup in zendesk is broken. Please help

icon

Best answer by Danvers 11 August 2020, 16:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! can you not look up the customer in Zendesk with their email?

Userlevel 1

I think I’m having trouble with the entire thing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No worries! That’s why we’re here.

When a lead opens an email, you can use that trigger in Zapier

That trigger will give you the email of the user, which you can then pass through to look up the user in Zendesk. 

Can you share some screenshots of your existing process?

Userlevel 1
This is what I have for step 2
When I test the above- this is what I get
In step 3 I have this set
As well as this and 1 other lead update change
And this is the error I am getting

I have the zap on and won’t change that. I am running all of this with a fake lead inside zendesk. I have been emailing myself and opening it to see if anything changes and so far nothing. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @smeehan! It looks like you got in touch with the Support Team and they helped you out with this one. 

If anyone is having a similar issue there were a couple of things that helped:

1. In the Zendesk search step, using the person’s email address rather their name (this generally makes for a more accurate search)
  2. Use the ID of the contact found in the search step as the Lead ID in the Update Lead step