Question

WhatsApp reminder for Google Calendar/Calendly events

• 10 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Dear community,

We would like to send reminders of a Google Calendar/Calendly meeting via WhatsApp (ChatDaddy) 6 hours before event start. Although we have collected the WhatsApp number in the Calendly form, and it appears on our Google Calendar, it doesn’t appear on Zapier. This number is crucial, we can’t send to the correct person if we don’t have the field. If you have the solution - any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Regards,
Tyler

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey Tyler,

Happy to help!

When you say it doesn’t appear on Zapier, what do you mean? Where are you expecting it to show up that you don’t see it? Can you describe the Zap you’re trying to set up (i.e, what is the trigger and what are the actions)?

Also, when you say that the number has been captured and appears on Google Calendar, what field in Google Calendar is it showing up in?

Thanks!

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi shalgrim!

Let me insert the screenshot:

We have included the phone number in our Calendly question. But, it doesn’t show up when we progress to the ChatDaddy field:

Even when I search “phone”:

What can I do here? Any help is much appreciated - thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi Tyler,

It looks like the phone number you’re trying to grab is in a giant text field, probably called something like “Description.” If you scroll up somewhat in that first screenshot you’d probably see the name of the field.

And I bet that if in the last field instead of searching for “Phone” you searched for the actual phone number listed there, the field would show up. (Not that that would do you any good...because it’s still a single giant field with all that text in it.)

I’d suggest adding a Formatter step before the step you’re showing right there. That Formatter step would use the “Text” event and the “Extract pattern” transform. 

For your purposes, I think you’ll want to enter “for confirmation purposes only: \+([\d\s]+)” (without quotes) in the Pattern field: https://cdn.zappy.app/525cbf3f022d89a9c5fd6c0820f23dee.png

If you want the “+” in the phone number to be extracted as well, then “for confirmation purposes only: (\+[\d\s]+)” should do the trick.

There’s a general help document on this transform here.

Let us know how that works and if we can be of any more help!