Best answer

What is the refresh/sync time of a Zapier Central data source?

• 11 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

So, it looks nifty that Zapier Central can connect to LIVE DATA SOURCES!? But how often does it sync with them to refresh content? It looks like you can manually sync, and it shows “X minutes ago” for its recent update.

This is so after I make a change to a Google Spreadsheet, I know it’ll be using the latest.

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 March 2024, 13:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @TORLEY, great question! 

It’s not documented but I did some testing and it appears to automatically sync about every 9 minutes or so.

As you already discovered, it is possible to manually sync a data source in Central so it may be best to manually sync it if you need it to refresh things a bit quicker. Though it’s worth noting that as Central is in currently in “public preview” it's still under development so some things may change on that. 

You can learn more about using Central’s data sources here: Add a data source to a Zapier Central bot

Hope that helps to answer your question. Do let me know if I can help with anything else. 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge

@SamB Thank you as always, 9 minutes seems pretty good. I was watching one Google Sheet and it didn’t update in over 22 minutes, and last time I looked it said “1 hour ago” but I understand there may be some variability here. I didn’t make any recent changes to the Sheet either, so I don’t know if there’s something under-the-hood that could “ping” or “pushes a sync notice” to Zapier, so it only updates as-needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s very strange @TORLEY. When testing it never seemed to that long for me but, it is still in active development so there may well be unexpected behaviour or things that change along the way. I do want to clarify that 9 mins isn’t an official interval time it’s just what I observed when testing. I did some checking with folks internally and there’s no official sync time I can give at present as there’s going to be further development in that area.

Once we do have an official number on the interval time I’ll be sure to share that here!