Skip to main content
Question

What formula to use for Airtable?

• 20 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Thank you! Please can you advise what formula should go in this section? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @misspiteri 

Check the “Learn More” link in the field description for guidance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @misspiteri! 👋

Are you wanting to perform a similar search to the one asked about in the other topic? E.g. looking to search for all matches of a word in a specific field?

If so, then I’d have thought you could just set the Search by Field field to the relevant field in Airtable that would potentially contain the word. Then in the Search Value field you’d select the field from the trigger step that contains the word you want the Zap to search for and just leave the Search Formula field blank.

But if you’re looking to do a more complex search you can find out more about how to write a search formula here: Airtable > Write a search formula

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hi! It is still not removing lines which are deleted from the google sheet. Should there be another step added? Successfully adding new lines or updating existing, but not removing those deleted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me @misspiteri. It sounds like you’ve got a Zap set up to copy changes in a Google Sheets spreadsheet over to Airtable but it only handles new and updated rows. And you’d like to set up another Zap that runs when a row has been removed from a Google Sheets spreadsheet so you can remove the corresponding record in Airtable, is that correct? 

If so, there’s no “Deleted Row” trigger available for Google Sheets which would be ideal for this. But there is an existing feature request open for that to be added, so please confirm if that’s something you’re interested in using and I’ll get your vote added to that right away!

That said, I did come across a workaround for triggering on deleted spreadsheet rows that’s outlined here:

Essentially you’d add a column to the spreadsheet which has two options “Active” and “Delete”. Then when you select the Delete option for a row, the Zap will trigger, allowing it to run a Delete Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to remove that row. And you’d use a filter to make sure the Zap only continued if the column was set to “Delete”. 

Then to remove the record from Airtable, you’d need to follow that action up with a Find Record (Airtable) action to find the relevant record, and use an Update Record (Airtable) action to mark it as being deleted - perhaps by adding a new column field like the one added to the Google Sheets spreadsheet. Then in Airtable you could filter out the records that are marked as “deleted” from your view. 

Hope that helps. If I’ve misunderstood or you run into any trouble in setting that up do let me know. 🙂

is there a way to set up a video with someone from Zapier to run through? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry for missing your message here previously @misspiteri.

We have access to Designated Technical Support services available for folks on our Professional (100,000+ tasks), Teams and Company plans. You can learn more and enquire about that service here: https://zapier.com/l/support-services

Alternatively, there are a number of certified Zapier experts that you could reach out to for more personalised, 1:1 assistance. You can view the full list of experts and get in touch with them here: https://zapier.com/experts

That said, if you can share some further details and screenshots showing where you’re currently getting stuck on this I’m happy to help further. Looking forward to hearing from you!