Question

What format is Airtable Rich Text Formatting texts are in?

• 2 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am facing an issue and been at it for a few days.

Essentially the Airtable text that I wanna convert to HTML text isn’t being properly converted into one.

The end output isn’t the same as what’s on Airtable after I format them on Zapier using the “markdown to html” formatter or using some custom codes to do them.

I tested numerous variations of formatting code but nothing worked, if I can know what format the Airtable rich text is in, I can find some way to format that type to HTML using some code on Zapier.

Could anyone help in this regard

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Fahad.S,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the action steps that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Surem

Hi there @Fahad.S,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the action steps that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Sure, here’s the screenshot of the overall zap

This is what the input data looks like that I would like to convert to html

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Fahad.S 👋

Thanks for sharing those screenshots here. Hope you don’t mind me jumping in to lend a hand with this! 🙂

Is step 3 of the Zap (named “Update Automation Status”) the action that should be updating the Airtable record with the HTML?

If so, that’ll need to be moved down to run after the Code action that’s been set up to reformat the markdown to HTML:
15bf81bfa8dee96af6a22715f8889a6a.png

The steps in a Zap will run in the order which they appear in the Zap so it needs to first change the markdown to HTML before it can be added to the Airtable record. Then in the Update Automation Status action you’d select the output from the Code action for the Fields Event Description About Event field.

That said, if that Code action doesn’t correctly convert the markdown text into the HTML correctly then I’d recommend changing it back to a Formatter (Text > Convert Markdown to HTML) action as that should be able to convert the markdown correctly.

Can you give that a try and let me know if that works as hoped?