Best answer

What does username mean for YouTube?

• 24 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I tried many different username or user id for this app, but it does not work. Does anyone know where can I get the correct username? I want to monitor a youtube author’s videos, I have this user user name like https://youtube.com/@abc

How can I set username for this app?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 24 May 2023, 05:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @chris.za,

The New Video trigger is a bit of an oddity as YouTube deprecated the use of usernames a few years ago - only older accounts will have usernames.  We often find it's better to use the New Video in Channel trigger for workflows:

c21958684771cb6641977851750bd748.png
(view larger)

129ee9ed987367c745f87d9878094792.png
(view larger)

The Channel ID can be found in the URL when you're on the channel's home page:

c9795e45c9fe66d141057d5473e76a56.png
(view larger)

Userlevel 1

@ken.a Thank you very much!

I’m using Channel mode now,  it works.

I really want to notify the APP creator to add some help docs. There must be new guys have the same confuse with me in future.

It’s better Zapier has some quick button to help to send feedback to the App author.

Anyway, thanks!

I agree it’s confusing. 

(1) Also “channel/VUCIK07b6709cU0L94PHn” is not always showing with the new Youtube handlers, how can we do it?

(2) And is it when a video is published only right? So we can’t trigger the zap when we upload a video to be scheduled using this new flow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @clementparis88,

Regarding your first question, you can use this help article from Google to find your YouTube ID.

Regarding your second question, you can still use the “New Video In Channel” trigger for scheduled videos, but it will only trigger once the scheduled video has been published.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

I appreciate your clarification. I want to run my own YouTube channel. And it is useful for me to know all the nuances that can happen on my way. I am thinking about Buy YouTube Views https://promosoundgroup.net/collection/social-promotion/youtube-promotion/buy-youtube-views/ to promote my account. What do you think about it?