Best answer

What do these exclamation points mean in the yellow variable pills below?

• 11 August 2023
  • 2 replies

i’m trying to capture specific fields in an email to include them in an acknowledgement letter to a purchaser.  my email parser mailbox shows the fields have the correct field names, but I’ve not been able to map them properly to the outbound mail template, so they show up as blank in the confirmation email.  any direction would be appreciated.  thank you.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 11 August 2023, 12:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @tslyons,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Just to clarify, when you see yellow data in your Gmail step, it usually indicates that the data might not be present in the previous step or within the Zap itself.

On a side note, you mentioned:

my email parser mailbox shows the fields have the correct field names, but I’ve not been able to map them properly to the outbound mail template

I see in your screenshot that you're using a Gmail trigger. Maybe give the "Email Parser by Zapier - New Email" trigger a shot? It might help fetch the fields you've set up.

Please keep us posted! 😊

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thanks so much for the prompt reply!   I am using Email Parser by Zapier, and have been following “The Email Parser Guide: How to automatically copy data from your emails” from the Feature Guides.

Below is a screenshot from my Email Parser mailbox (mine is named mrfc50@robot.zapier.com) that shows the six fields that I’ve named (donorname is indicated as such), so I know (think 😊) i’ve defined them correctly.

The problem arises when I use the template to populate the fields in the acknowledgement email that I send to the purchaser of an engraved brick (in this case to my own email).  In the second screen shot you can see that the fields are not populated, showing blanks.

it feels like I’m close, but missing something in that final mapping.

I hope this clarifies my issue, and hopefully gives you a bit more to go on in the specifics of my problem.

Thanks again.

ps… please ignore the “before” and “after” text flags above and below the elements to be populated.  They’re just geographic placeholders in the mail so I can identify where the output should be, regardless of what gets printed (or not, as the case may be 🙂).