Question

What can I connect to within Zoho

Hi 

I have set up various ZAPs to connect to my Zoho CRM and they are all working.  But someone within the team has asked if we can connect to ‘Open Activities/Notes’ within Zoho see here: https://www.screencast.com/t/tQYC4P6ksIt5

When I check within the events of Actions of my Zap, see here: https://www.screencast.com/t/oqyFLq0WdG there is no options for this. 

Our account is a ‘starter account’ is it possible to connect to the section/area within Zoho, but only with a ‘Professional Account’ ? 

many thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @wood1e, welcome to the Community!

Your Zapier plan doesn’t affect which actions/triggers are available for an app. Some apps as a whole may only be available on certain plans (eg premium apps are only available on paid plans, and Paths is only available on teams and pro plans) but the actions and triggers in an app integration are the same. 

I’ve not used Zoho myself, but I know that you can choose different modules in the ‘Update module action’ and you can choose to update a call, task or meeting that way. 

That looks like the ‘Open Activities’ in the screenshot that you shared. 

Another option could be to use the ‘Update related module entry’ action. With that action,  you choose a module (like Leads, contacts, etc) and then you can choose a related module to update. For example, you can choose ‘Contacts’ as the module and ‘Deals’ as the related module to update the deals associated with a contact. 

!I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

hi 

We need the information to go into Leeds, so that is why we selected that.  To check on Calls would be the wrong option I think.  As we wouldn’t then be able to import the other details?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @wood1e 

I suggest creating a sample in the “Open Activities/Notes” section so you’ll be able to see if the sample details will be pulled from Zoho CRM that can be used to map your Zap.

Some data is already in Zoho CRM

I think there is a couple of issues here, and my knowledge is not helping. 

1. It maybe that ‘Open Activities/Notes’ is a section of Zoho CRM that cannot be connected via Zapier, hence why Zapier doesn’t offer them as an option to map.

So these sections within Zoho CRM are ‘manual admin areas’ sections/areas where CRM admin can add in some content that is pertenent to that customer.

1. It maybe that ‘Open Activities/Notes’ section of Zoho CRM is only available to a higher level of Zapier subscription? Maybe I need to upgrade to Professional to open up other ‘Connection’ functions within Zapier?

This is what I am trying to find out.  It maybe that these sections are just not part of the system via Zapier that can be connected, or it maybe that even if you could connect via Zapier, Zoho CRM doesn’t allow it.

And as I not convinced I have ever had an original thought :) i can’t believe I am the first person to ask!!! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @wood1e :) 

Upgrading your Zapier plan doesn’t change which areas of Zoho CRM your Zap has access to, so that’s not the issue. 

Could you try using the Update related module entry action? Select Leads as the Module and see what items are in the ‘Related Module’ dropdown. The dropdown shows modules (sections) that are related to the module you select (in this case Leads). If you’re Zoho CRM instance is set up so that ‘Activities/notes’ is a module that’s associated with leads, you should see the Open Activities/Notes there. 

Thanks!

Hi 

Thanks for that, where do I find “related Modules’ I don’t get that as an option

See here: https://www.screencast.com/t/lOyA4zg4o 

I only get ‘Modules’ and I don’t get Related Modules or ‘Entry ID’

Am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @wood1e!

You need to change the Zap action Event to Update related Module entry

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions! 

Hi 

Thanks for that, but I only got this: NEW FROM FORM ENTRY see here: https://www.screencast.com/t/99f8xEtMG 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @wood1e,

I looked at the screenshot, and it seems like you’re trying to change the trigger step (WPForms). Could you please try changing the action step event to “Zoho CRM Update Related Module Entry,” as Danvers suggested?

Please keep us posted. Thanks! 😊

Ok so I think I have found ‘Update Related Module Entry’ see here: https://www.screencast.com/t/Hoc64b7C45K 

What now?  There is Entry ID which is required, and seems to be alist of all our ccustomers.  So not sure what to select there. 

I checked in a few other ZAps and when ‘Related Module is slected I get a choice of ‘Products’ nothing else.

Is it possible the Zoho account user I am connecting to Zapier doesn’t have the permissions?

So re-reading the answers so far, the Open Activities/Notes exist within Zoho CRM not within the Module callled ‘Leads’ per se and using ‘Related Module’ will allow me to connect with them?

And just in case using ‘Update Related Module Entry’ would this work for ‘new data’ as all the data being sent to Zoho CRM will be new customers sending data using WP Forms on our website. 

So in theory this will not be updating any data but creating new data/customer data in our Leads Module. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,  @wood1e! Thanks for reaching out and you’re correct. 🙂

...this will not be updating any data but creating new data/customer data in our Leads Module. 

This zap will only work for any new form entries that occur after the zap is turned on. 

That said, I can see you’re currently chatting with my friends in support. I’d recommend continuing the conversation there as they’ll have a bit more insight into your zaps!

Keep us posted on your success and thanks for using the community. 🧡

Hi 

Yes I am, sorry I didn’t realise this was support as well, i thought it was ‘Community only help’ 

They are suggesting the API solution is the one to use. 

Many thanks for all the suggestions

Rob

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @wood1e! So glad our Support team have been able to help with that API Request (Beta) feature. 🙂

Looking forward to hearing how that goes. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡