Best answer

What action I need to take if I want to activate my Google spreadsheet - email zap again?

• 3 April 2023
  • 1 reply

What action I need to take if I want to activate my google spreadsheet - email zap again?

I was well running [email → google spread sheet] → [google spread sheet → gmail sending] zaps.

[email → google spead sheet] is still running well, but there is probelm with [google spread sheet → gmail sending]. I could notice that there is too many zap is running for 1 trigger(New or Updated Spreadsheet Row (Team Drive) in Google Sheets). Therefore, there is warning notice “Action needed: 10,000 held Zap runs”!

How can I solve this problem? the data input speed to spread sheet is like 1 row created in 5 second. Should I buy new plan for it? I am on Professional plan (Trial) with 100 zaps left.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 3 April 2023, 10:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @sandria!

It looks like you may have accidentally created a Zap loop.  

Zaps get stuck in a “loop” when they run over and over again from a single trigger event. Zap loops can occur if you have two Zaps that trigger each other, or a single Zap performs an action that is identical to the event it is triggered from.

Example

Zap 1: When a new contact is added to Salesforce, create a new contact in Google Contacts.

Zap 2: When a new contact is added to Google Contacts, create a new contact in Salesforce.

This causes a Zap loop as the first Zap triggers the second Zap, which then triggers the first Zap, and so on.

Does that sound like what is happening in your Zaps? Or are you trying to move 10,000 emails in bulk from your Email app to Gmail? 

If it’s a Zap loop, one way of fixing this would be to change the Emails to GSheets Zap so that it doesn’t trigger from email in the Sent folder. You can find other ideas about preventing Zap loops in this help guide: Zap stuck in a loop

If you’re trying to move lots of emails at once, you might be better using Transfer. As that’s designed to move large numbers of records from one app to another. 

If you’re not sure or need some more help, please could you give us some more detail about your Zaps and what you are trying to do with them? For example, what emails trigger Zap with the Email trigger? Are you trying to sync your emails between two different inboxes or move lots of existing emails?

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!