Best answer

WealthBox email trigger from Workflow completion

• 18 February 2021
  • 6 replies

I am trying to create an automated email though outlook that gets trigger by a workflow completion.  I can’t figure out how to assign the email address from the respective client’s profile.  It looks like I can only send the email to pre-determined email address vs. each specific client in each instance.

Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?

Thanks,

Ryan

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 19 February 2021, 16:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ryanwibbs 

Can you provide screenshots of your Zap step where you’re trying to dynamically set the email address?

Thanks so much.  On the “To Emails” field, when I click on it a dropdown with a bunch of choices shows up (can’t seem to screenshot that), but none of the options are the E-mail field of the respective customer record.  Do you know if it’s possible to create my own field options, so I could point at the customer’s email record?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ryanwibbs 

The email address data point would have to be included in the returned trigger data or from the data returned in a previous action step.

In the dropdown list, try search for “@” to find an email address.

Otherwise, you might be able to use the WealthBox Find Contact search step.

Thank you for the help.  Yeah, nothing comes up when I search for @.   Also, Find Contact isn’t in the list either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ryanwibbs

FYI: Find Contact would be a different Zap step.

Does the trigger step provide an email data point, just with a blank value or no email data point at all?

You’ll need to figure out what trigger event will supply the desired email address or what action/search can be used to get the email address, perhaps from an internal system ID for the customer.

Thank you.  I’ll search around for that!